Felony Defense Attorneys in St. George
Serving Cedar City & Surrounding Areas
Criminal charges can be either misdemeanors or felonies. Generally speaking, felony crimes are more severe in nature than misdemeanors. The penalties and implications of a felony can be far-reaching and life-changing.
Whether you have been charged with a federal or a state felony, Park Law Firm is here to help. We are a generational law firm backed by a large legal team and over 50 years of combined experience. You can rest assured that your felony charges will be defended by a passionate and capable team of professionals when you retain Park Law Firm.
Retain our firm by contacting us online or calling (435) 222-5869. Your initial consultation is free and confidential.
Types of Felonies
In Utah, felonies are divided into four classes. The felony class that your alleged crime falls into will depend on the severity of the crime and the details of the incident.
The classes of felonies are:
- Capital: The most severe kind of felony, punishable by the death sentence or life imprisonment. The minimum sentence for a capital felony is 25 years in prison.
- First degree: This kind of felony is punishable by up to life imprisonment and up to $10,000. The minimum sentence is five years in prison.
- Second degree: A second-degree felony is punishable by one to 15 years in prison and a fine of no more than $10,000.
- Third degree: The least severe kind of felony, punishable by up to five years in prison and up to $5,000 in fines.
The exact punishment you face if convicted depends on various factors, such as your past criminal record and how the crime was committed.
Examples of felony crimes in Utah include:
- Assault with a dangerous weapon
- Theft of property worth more than $1,5000
To request representation for a felony case, please call Park Law Firm at (435) 222-5869. We serve clients in St. George, Cedar City, and beyond.