Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in St. George
Providing Personalized & Compassionate Legal Representation
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA), nearly 5,000 pedestrians die in accidents involving motor vehicles each year. Additionally, thousands of non-vehicular pedestrian accidents occur on a regular basis. Many of these accidents are caused by sidewalk or parking lot defects, construction, road debris, or icy walkways. Oftentimes, pedestrian accidents are caused by others. Whether it’s due to being hit by a vehicle or defective road or pathways, the consequences can be dire for the pedestrian. That’s why it’s important to know your rights when it comes to pedestrian accidents.
At Park Law Firm, we have successfully handled many cases involving pedestrian accidents. We treat each case with the care and respect it deserves. We serve clients from offices located in St. George and Cedar City.
Liability in Pedestrian Accidents
The persons or entities liable in pedestrian accidents vary. There are a number of scenarios in which the driver is at fault for striking a pedestrian with their vehicle.
These include the following:
- Driver was impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Failure to obey traffic signs or signals
- Disregard of weather or traffic conditions
- Failure to yield to the right of way to pedestrians at crosswalks
Vehicles aren’t the only ones who have to follow the rules of the road. Pedestrians must display a reasonable care for their own safety. If rules are ignored, pedestrians may be considered negligent, even when they are struck by a vehicle.
The following are some examples of pedestrian negligence:
- Walking into oncoming traffic or disrupting the flow of traffic
- Ignoring “walk” signs at intersections
- Darting in front of vehicles
- Failure to use marked crosswalk
Filing a Claim for Pedestrian Accidents in Utah
In cases where the driver is at fault for a pedestrian accident, the victim may be entitled to compensation.
When filing a claim, it is important to have the following information:
- A copy of the police report from the accident
- All medical records as well as any bills relating to treatment
- Any photos from the scene
- Witness statements that may have been gathered at the scene
At Park Law Firm, we can handle all the aspects of your claim so you can concentrate on recuperating from the accident. Our St. George pedestrian accident attorneys have successfully handled many pedestrian accident cases and will work hard to help you receive any compensation that may be owed to you. The courteous, professional staff at Park Law Firm is ready to go to work for you.
Contact us online or by phone at (435) 222-5869 for a free consultation.