St. George Wrongful Death Attorneys
Let Our Family Help Yours
Wrongful death lawsuits are filed when someone dies as the result of another person or entity—such as a manufacturer or service provider—being faulty or negligent. Examples include car accidents, medical malpractice, and product liability. Such cases can be filed against individuals, companies, and even government agencies. At Park Law Firm, we understand that no person or company ever wants these situations to arise. However, when tragedy strikes, it is important that the surviving family members are fully compensated.
Wrongful death suits seek compensation for a number of things including lost wages from the deceased, pain and suffering, funeral expenses, and punitive damages. In many cases, these expenses are needed in order for the family members to survive, especially when they were dependent on the deceased person’s salary.
Contact the St. George wrongful death attorneys at our firm for a free, confidential consultation regarding your case. Call (435) 222-5869 or use our online request form to get started.
Types of Wrongful Death Cases
Generally speaking, wrongful death cases are brought when a person or entity causes the death of someone through either negligence or intent.
The following are examples of wrongful death lawsuits:
- Car accidents
- Hazardous roadways caused by faulty design or construction
- Failure by a government agency to post adequate warning signs for known dangerous situations
- Accidents in which a person is impaired by either drugs or alcohol
- Faulty vehicle parts created by a manufacturer or distributor
- Persons who sold, served or gave alcohol to an impaired driver; this sometimes includes the owners of the establishment where the alcohol was served
- Extreme medical malpractice, including unsafe working conditions, improper training, failure to have proper licenses, and negligent care
- Exposure to hazardous conditions or substances in the workplace
- Criminal behavior
- Reckless or negligent driving
- Airplane accidents
At Park Law Firm, we understand that the death of a family member is always tragic. However, this doesn’t mean compensation can’t be sought for survivors. Remember, you purchase insurance so that if a crisis occurs, financial compensation will be available. An example of seeking compensation in a wrongful death case would include a husband and father being killed in a car accident. His spouse can file a claim against the at-fault driver, seeking financial compensation. This isn’t a personal lawsuit, merely one in which money is paid to the survivors for the crash.
Your Rights in Wrongful Death Cases
If a loved one has been involved in what you believe to be a wrongful death case, find out what your legal rights are. At Park Law Firm, we understand how sensitive these cases can be. Our team of compassionate St. George personal injury lawyers is available to help you through the entire process. With law offices in St. George and Cedar City, Park Law Firm is standing by to answer your questions about wrongful death cases. This no-obligation service is available to your free of charge.
Call (435) 222-5869 today for your free consultation.